President’s Award for Global Learning Program Updates – COVID-19
Texas Global and the President’s Award for Global Learning (PAGL) is committed to supporting students and faculty as the university responds to COVID-19. Due to global conditions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020-2021 program will shift to focus on a remote collaboration with international partners during the Spring and Summer 2021 semesters, with limited international travel during Summer 2021. This program change ensures that all projects can be implemented regardless of the ability to travel.
Changes to the 2020-2021 President’s Award for Global Learning are as follows:
- Travel abroad will be reduced to a maximum of two weeks. Only the faculty leader will be required to travel with team. Faculty mentors can opt to travel with the team for 1-2 weeks.
- Project budgets will be reduced from $25,000 to $15,000, maximum.
- Credit hours for the program will be reduced to 6 hours.
- 3-credit spring preparatory course
- 3-credit online summer course with two week travel component.
- Students will be required to attend a workshop and present at a symposium during the fall 2021 semester in lieu of enrolling in a one-credit fall reflection course.
To provide teams with additional time to adjust their projects, the proposal deadline will be extended to July 15, 2020. Updated proposal materials that reflect the programmatic changes including the proposal template, faculty participation confirmation, and dean/department chair approval letter will be forthcoming.
Please attend the Zoom session on Friday, May 15 at 11 am to discuss any questions or concerns with Texas Global staff.